Skip to main content

Maggi: From mania to menace - 3

Almost all quiet on the Maggi front. I wink fast not to fall in love at first sight, I roll fast not to gather moss, I move fast not to get stuck in the mud. I am the great Indian butterfly who loves flower-hopping in search of honey. If plants end up reproduced due to my restlessness, it's not my fault. The media reads our pulse and presents us colorful flowers. We help them breed.


Modis are the new Indian fixation. This time it's a comeback of Mr. Lalit Modi, my old flame. He knocked off Nestlé India from the top of last week's chart. 
"Lalit Modi - always wears a tie; was pleaded guilty in cocaine trafficking and kidnapping case while studying in Duke University, USA; charged with a huge scam while running IPL business; currently president of a state cricket board." ... <Ghosts-of-Gandhi>

Since "M:FMTM - 2" there has not been much traction on the core theme of 'food safety' as such. Nevertheless there are some interesting build-up around the fences.
  • The share was quoting at ~6500 at the end of May, spiraled down to ~5500 levels after the news broke and has sprung back to 6000+ levels this week. 
  • Many stock market analysts have started giving 'buy' calls for longer term. They feel Nestlé India is a fundamentally strong brand and has enough mettle to sail over the crisis. It's the contrarian pick of this monsoon.
  • I wonder what the top management or the task force assigned with this seemingly Herculean job of recovery within Nestlé India is game-planning. Maybe they chose the timeout strategy given its illustrious track record on the Indian turf.

I'll hover around this space for some more time before running out of steam. A logical conclusion is what I look for, but I can't die in the process hopelessly! I can't guarantee a "M:FMTM - 4"; therefore it's not bad to look back in retrospect where I started from. <Maggi-for-dummies>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's curious me, you little Indian God!

1. The 'face of 4G' chirpy girl all over TV channels - does she think she is luckier than Abhijeet Sawant? She's so happy, so shiny, so all over India (covered Himalayas, Lakes, Forests for the sake of 4G technology, brave girl!). Don't feel depressed honey, 10Y down the line. You probably don't have a lot of airtime left!

Tech-no-logical update

Mr. Narayana Murthy, the founder of Infosys and proponent of value-based-service in India, has blamed the Indian software industry for acting as "immigration agents" guaranteeing visas and green cards. He was addressing at the ISB, Hyderabad.